Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Mississippi Mud Brownies


This Blog is going to be a way for me to post about recipes. The recipes will either be old favorites or something I want to try. All the recipes will be something sweet and sugary.

Mississippi Mud Brownies
This is a new recipe I wanted to try. I used a box, but if I make it again I will do it on my own. I will provide directions for both. 

The Ingredients for the box mix: 3 tablespoons of water, 1 stick of butter, 1 egg, Mississippi mud mix

The Ingredients for non-box mix: 3 tablespoons of water, 1 stick of butter, 1 egg, I fudge brownie mix (ingredients might vary depending on the box mix) 1-1½ cups of crushed Oreos (enough to fill the bottom of pan), and 1 cup of marshmallows.

Preheat the oven to 325 and melt ½ stick of butter (in a medium size microwavable bowl and microwave for 1 minute at power 40) mix in cookie mix from box or crushed Oreos. Take out about 1-2 tablespoons of the mixture.  

Spread the remaining cookie and butter mix into an 8 or 9 inch square pan. (I used a 9 in. pan). Press the cookie mix into the bottom of the pan firmly.  

This crust was so good.

Melt the second half of the butter in a medium size bowl. Mix in brownie mix, water, eggs and marshmallows. Then poor in pan and spread on top of the cookie mix. I used my hands to spread the mixture. You can use a spatula, but that doesn’t work for me.
Can you see the marshmallows?
  
Make sure the browning mixture is even spread on top of the cookie mixture then sprinkle the 1-2 tablespoons on top. 

Bake for a about 15-20 minutes for a 9 in. pan or 30-35 for a 8 in. pan.

Let cool then enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! That looks so good. Because you're doing how-to recipes, i'm sure it won't matter if you post a few pictures each post to show how you do each major step like you've done. Again, sure does look tasty and i can't wait to see what other treats you post!

    ReplyDelete