Thursday, April 4, 2013

Spring Filled Cupcakes



So my mom got me this cup cake corer and I have been really excited to use it. I decided to fill the cupcakes with pudding because I did not want too much icing. I also have been excited to try Kraft’s new Cool Whip frosting (even thought I don’t like cool whip frosting).  

Ingredients

Cake

1 cake Mix
3 eggs
1 cup of water
5 1/3 tablespoons of butter

Pudding
Instant pudding mix (I used vanilla)
2 cups of milk

1 tub Cool whip icing (I used chocolate)

Food coloring
Sprinkles (optional)

Set out frozen icing about an hour before you use it or stick it on the stove ( if you forgot to take it out) while the oven is on to defrosted it.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pan with liners.





Mix eggs, water, and cake mix in a bowl for about two minutes at a medium speed. I did this by hand because I don’t have a mixer at school. For spring I decided to dye the batter pink.




 Fill cupcake pans a third to half way full and bake for about 19 minutes.




While cupcakes are baking mix pudding mix and milk in a bowl for two minutes with a whisk or a fork. Then dye green or yellow if the green doesn’t work and chill for at least five minutes.




 


Once cupcakes are done baking let them cool completely and use a cupcake corer to take the middle out.  I used the larger corer and pressed about half way down. Sometimes all the cake didn’t come out so I had to just pull it out. Next time I will use the smaller one because I like less filling but you might like more.


 




Take pudding out of the fridge and scoop into a baggy then cut of a corning like you would if you were making icing. Squirt the pudding into the cupcakes.





 



Then scoop icing into a baggy and cut the corner off and ice the cupcake. Make sure you cover the filling completely.







Sprinkle and enjoy but you need to keep the cupcakes in the fridge because of the pudding and icing. 


I made cake balls with the cupcake middles and leftover icing. 

2 comments:

  1. These cupcakes were great! First ever trying a filled cupcake and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so unique and delicious! I'll definitely have to try it out! These pictures will be especially helpful!

    ReplyDelete