Wednesday, April 10, 2013

How to Make Ice Cream Sandwiches


This week I wanted to make something easy because I am kind on a sugar overload form last week. It’s also really nice outside so I would rather spend my day out of the kitchen.  I decided to would show you how to make ice cream sandwiches.

I decided to buy cookies from the bakery because I wanted this to be quick and easy but you can also use my Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter cookies or Cookies my Way.  Just make sure all the cookies are the same size.





All you need are cookies and your favorite ice cream. I decided to use mini chocolate chip cookies and mint chocolate chip ice cream.






The ice cream works better the colder it is. I started using it as soon as I bought it and it was a little melted.

Get out a plate or the container you will store the cookies in and lay out a few cookies bottoms up.

Then take a spoon full of ice cream and spread it onto one cookie.  I only did this to one side but I think it would be better if I did this to both sides.  For lager cookies you are going to need more than a spoon full. 
Make sure the ice cream is about an inch to two inches thick.

Once the ice cream is on the cookie top it with another cookie and place back on the plate. Both cookies in the sandwich should have ice cream on them before be put together.




Once all the sandwiches are together put the plate in a baggy or close the container and put in the freezer to chill. This will help the cookies stick together.




I let them freeze for about 5 hours, but 30 minutes to an hour should be fine.

Take out and enjoy especially on a hot day.





No comments:

Post a Comment