Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Swirl Shaped Cupcakes




So today I decided to finally use the pans my aunt gave me. One is a pan with 6 stars and the other is a mini bundt pan. I also decided to add color to the cake because it was just vanilla and I like color.

Ingredients

Cake mix
3 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 ¼ cup water
Food coloring

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and spray pans

Mix eggs, oil, water and cake mix together until most of the lumps are gone and the dry ingredients are mixed in. If you want the cake to be white instead of yellow before dyeing use egg whites instead of the whole egg.

Separate batter into two bowls and dye each bowl of batter a different color. I used blue and purple, but my purple looks pink.

Pour one of the bowls of batter into the dish leaving enough room for the other color of batter.










 
Take a toothpick and swirl the toothpick through the batter in a swirling motion like the brownie swirl cake from two post ago.

Remember to add water to any empty parts of the pan so the pan does not burn.

Bake the cakes for 20 minutes.  Then take out and let cool.





I over stuffed the pan and my cakes ended up being a mess and when I took them out of the pan some of them fell apart. I also had to cut the tops off so that the stars and bundts would lay flat.  
 
For the cakes that fell apart I made them into cake balls.

I decorated the cake with icing and added sprinkles for decorations.


Once they are iced and decorated enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. These cupcakes look really good Brittany! Congrats! Were they as good as they tasted?

    ReplyDelete