Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Brownie Swirled Cake



I wanted to make something with the left over cake mix from my last post on Funfetti Fudge.  I decided to swirl the cake mix with a brownie mix.  I like swirling things, whether it is different flavored cake or just different desserts.  


Ingredient

Brownie Mix
1/4 cup of water
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs

Cake mix minus 1 cup
1/2 cup of water
¼ cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
Powdered sugar

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 by 9 pan.

Mix brownie mix, water, oil and eggs together until all the dry ingredients are mixed in.

Pour into greased pan.












Mix cake mix, water, oil, and eggs until all the dry ingredients are mixed in.











Pour or scoop piled on to brownie mix making sure that you can still see the brownie in some spots

Take a plastic or butter knife and drag through batter in a swirling shape until you get the desired design.

Place in oven and cook for 30 to 40 minutes on middle rack.

Take out and let cool completely then dump out of pan. Be careful when you do this because the cake can crack and fall apart.





Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy.













The cake is okay if the bottom gets messed up when you take it out of the pan no one will see that part. 

2 comments:

  1. my grandma used to make me these! Definitely saving this for myself:) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never think to put funfetti mix with brownies but I enjoy both seperately so putting them together had to be delicious. I'm jealous and I will have to try these!

    ReplyDelete