Sunday, April 7, 2013

Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies



So this weekend I had a 80s movie night with my friends and I wanted to make something that we all would like. I decided to make giant dark chocolate cookies with peanut butter chips. I took a Hershey’s recipe and tweaked it.

Ingredients


2 sticks of butter
1 ½ cups of sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups of all purpose flour
2/3 cups of dark cocoa (use regular if don’t want it to be super rich)
¾ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 bag of reese chips (I didn’t have a full bag so I add some regular chocolate chips)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees





Mix butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a bowl until it is fluffy.






 
 


I didn’t want to get another bowl dirty so I mixed the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt) in a baggy.







 
Then mix the two mixtures together until all the dry ingredients are mixed in.

Stir in chips then grab a spoon fool and roll into a ball. To make to cookies giant the balls were a little smaller then my palm which makes the balls be about 2 inches across. 












Place balls on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.  I’m using my pampered chief stone bar pan.

Once cookies are done cool before moving onto a wire rack or they will break into pieces.

1 comment: