Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Cookie Cups



looks good
Today I wanted to do something quick and easy. My friend gave me some cookie dough she didn’t need and I have some left over cream cheese so I am going to make cookie cups.

Ingredients

½ roll of cookie dough
1 ½ ounces cream cheese softened
½-1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons butter softened
¼ teaspoon vanilla
Food coloring (optional)
Sprinkles (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 

Pinch off some cookie dough and roll into a ball and place in a mini cupcake pan. If you have any empty cups feel with water, it helps keep the pan from burning.
you can also do this with brownies





Before you put them in the oven press your thumb into the dough to create the cup.   






While they are baking for about 6-10 minutes, I’m going to make the same cream cheese icing I made for the Red Velvet Cake balls.  
cream cheese icing


Make cream cheese icing by mixing butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until all ingredients are fully blended. Start with ½ cup of powdered sugar then add more if the icing is soupy. Make sure the butter and cream cheese is just softened not melted or you will have to refrigerate. 

little dark but still good






Let the cookie cups cool some then repress in the cups. Then take out of pan and cool completely. I had to use a knife to get them out of the pan. 
 




Dye the icing if you like. I would dye mine, but I left my food coloring at a friend’s house.
 
Put the icing in a bag and cut the edges. I attempted to cut it in a fourth so that it looked close the start tip.

Then sprinkle if you want. All my sprinkles are at my friend’s house, too.

2 comments:

  1. These look so simple and VERY delicious. I bet that if you scooped some ice cream in there- they would be just as tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. I will have to try making the cookie cups. Cute.

    ReplyDelete