Sunday, February 10, 2013

Valentine Cupcakes

Sparkles

I LOVE cup cakes. Junior year of high school I made cupcakes at least once a week.  I always made them from scratch. Since I have been in college I have found it easier to use a box. I don’t own a mixer and making cakes from scratch tends to end with more flour on me then in the batter. 

Valentine’s Day is coming up and I found an idea I wanted to try. You use a brownie and cake mix.  I will use a strawberry cake mix and a fudge brownie mix to make it fit the holiday. 

Ingredients:                                                                                        
Brownie mix
2 eggs
¼ cup water
2/3 cup vegetable/canola oil

Strawberry cake mix
3 eggs
1 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable/ canola oil

Pre-heat  oven to 350 and line cupcake pan with liners. Lately I have been spraying the liners with pam because it makes it easier to take the paper off and you get to eat more cake. You don’t have to do that but it does make prettier cupcakes.

Mix together Brownie mix 2 eggs, ¼ cup water, and 2/3 cup oil in a medium size bowl until it’s well blended.

brownies :)
Fill the cupcake pan with brownie batter until each cup is about a third full and set aside. Make sure you do not fill them up too much or they will not cook evenly.










Mix together cake mix, 3 eggs, 1 cup of water and 1/3 cup oil in a large bowl. Use a mixer if you have one on medium speed for about 2 minutes, if you don’t have one use a wooden spoon and stir at a speed close to medium on a mixer for about 2-3 minutes.

strawberry cake yum


   

Grab the pan you set aside and fill with cake batter until the cups are 2/3s full.









fluffy goodness
    



Bake for about 20-25 minutes. If batter is too thick the top will brown darker then you want. Use a toothpick to check if cupcake is fully cooked and cool before icing. The icing will melt if the cupcakes are not fully cooled. Add sprinkles to make it more festive.

No comments:

Post a Comment