Sunday, February 17, 2013

Cookies my Way


So colorful

I wanted to make something easy his weekend.  So I decided to make cookies, but I wanted to have a lot of fun with it. I decided to make what I call Cookies My Way. I get the store bought break and bake sugar cookies and bags of chocolate chips, reese's chips, butterscotch chips and whatever else I think will be good in a cookie.

This is something you can do with friends are kids. I have done it with both.  Everyone gets to make the cookies they like.  This time I made it with my best friend and her sister.

What you will need.
Break and bake sugar cookies
Food coloring
Assortment of baking chips (this time I used chocolate, reese's and butterscotch)
Any other candy (mm's, snickers, ect.)
Sprinkles
Powdered sugar
Milk

Preheat the oven to 325.

Break off a piece of cookie dough and roll into a ball. 

I had so much fun





If you want to dye it add one drop or less if possible and mix in. your hands will get messy. I tried doing this in a baggy and it did not work. The dye will come of your hands in about a day with soap and water. Finger nail polish should help get it off quicker.  









 Then if you want add chips, about 8 chips is good for each cookie. Make it fun and add multiple types to the same cookie.

Add sprinkles or wait until they are cooked
can't eat it yet





Add to the cookie sheet and bake for about 13-15 minute a little longer if you want crispy cookies. 





 Once they come out of the oven let them cool on sheet then on a rack 

Make a glaze icing by starting with about 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar and ½ a teaspoon of milk in a sandwich bag. I have to adjust this all the time and don’t normally measure just make sure the glaze isn’t soupy and add more powdered sugar to make it thicker or milk to make it thinner.  You can also dye the icing I would start with one or two drops.  Close the bag and make sure to get most of the air out then mix it together then cut a corner off and drizzle over cookies. I only added the icing to the cookies that were plain.

 After icing add sprinkles then enjoy. They go fast. 

This is what our hands looked like after one washing.

No comments:

Post a Comment