Sunday, February 24, 2013

Mardi Gras Inspired Cupcakes


So Pretty
Today is my friend’s Birthday and I decided to make him Mardi Gras inspired cupcakes. I used a vanilla recipe I had then added cinnamon to it, to give it that King Cake feel.  I didn’t want to make a lot so this recipe only makes about 8 cupcakes.

Ingredients

6 table spoons butter softened
½ teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup sugar
1 cup self rising flour
3 tablespoons milk
Food coloring

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients in large bowl with a mixer, if you have one, or spoon until all lumps are gone or mostly gone.  
Look at that cinnamon

Add to lined cupcake pan. 


 

Bake for about 20 minutes. Then let cool before icing.


Mardi Gras colors


 




I 4th my icing recipe because there were only 8 cupcakes. Then I divided it into thirds and dyed them. To stick to the Mardi Gras theme I dyed the icing green, purple and yellow or gold. 




This was so much fun
 




I piped a strip of each color then spread with a knife and sprinkled with white sugar sprinkles.






They looked and smelled amazing, but they were a little denser then I would have like. They were still amazing and my friend enjoyed them.



2 comments:

  1. They look pretty delicious and colorful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great cookie idea. Love your use of the plastic bags. I'll have to try this. Thanks for the colorful cupcake recipe.

    ReplyDelete