Wednesday, March 27, 2013

No Bake Cookies with a Twist


love dark chocolate
With Easter Break coming up I wanted  to make something easy and quick. Since it is not raining or cloudy, I decided to make No bake cookies. The trick to no bake cookies is to not make them when it’s rainy. They will not set correctly if the humidity levels are high. I wanted them to be a little different, so I decided to pretzels. This I'm hoping will add some salty flavor to go along with the sweet.

Measure-All® Cup
Ingredients

2 cups of sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa (I use dark)
1 stick of butter
½ cup milk
½ cup of peanut butter (I use crunchy)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 ½ cups of oatmeal
1 cup of crushed pretzels (if you don’t want to use pretzels use 3 cups of oatmeal instead of 2 1/2 )







just keep string
Measure all ingredients out first because it needs to be ready to go. If you don’t get the ingredients in fast enough it will not set correctly.

In a sauce pan or pot mix sugar, cocoa, butter, and milk together. Let it boil for a minute then take of heat and immediately add peanut butter, vanilla, oatmeal, and pretzels





and stir some more

 
Mix together until all the oatmeal and pretzels are covered.

Take spoon and drop onto wax paper.

Lets cool and harden then enjoy.  

1 comment:

  1. I had never heard that tip about not making no bake cookies if it's raining- that makes sense though! I love no bake cookies, but I think adding dark chocolate and pretzels would make them even better. Your post has officially made me crave no bake cookies- congratulations (:

    ReplyDelete