Sunday, March 17, 2013

St. Patrick"s Day Rice Crispy Treats



For St. Patties Day I wanted to make rice crispy clovers, but I need more practice making shapes with rice crispy treats.  Yesterday my friends and I had a movie night and I made green rice crispy treats. 

Ingredients 

6 cups of rice crispy cereal
4 cups of mini marshmallows (I used the whole bag)
3 tablespoons of butter
Green food coloring
Sprinkles (optional) 

Get out a sauce pan or pot and melt butter over medium-low heat. 

Once butter is melted add marshmallows and turn heat to medium. Stir constantly until marshmallows are melted.

Add about 10 drops of green food coloring. If you are using neon food dye add 2-3 drops of blue. 

Add the 6 cups of rice crispy cereal. If you add a few cups at a time it makes it easier to stir. 

Once all the cereal is coated in marshmallow you can add sprinkles. I added spring sprinkles. Make sure you have plenty of the sprinkles you plan to use; I ended up using more than half of the container.








Pour into a 13 by 9 casserole dish and let cool.

Then cut into squares and enjoy.

Store in an air tight container or they will dry out.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you did this! I don't know how many times I have to tell my sister when she fixes Rice Krispy treats that you have to wait on the butter to melt, then put the marshmallows in there. It doesn't ever come out the way that I think that they should lol. Excellent BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad I didn't see this in time to make them for St. Patrick's Day! My birthday is on that holiday, and they would have made the perfect snack to serve to my family! I'll have to make these next year, or maybe even this year for Christmas, green AND red!

    ReplyDelete